COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only collect personal information from you that we reasonably require for one or more of our business functions or activities, and will do so by lawful and fair means.
The kinds of personal information we may collect from you will depend on what type of interaction you have with us. However, it may include, among other things:
- Personal information you provide to us when you participate in a promotion, competition, promotional activity, survey, market research or customer behavioural activity, subscribe to our mailing list or interact or follow our social media pages like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Personal information you provide to us via our stores or when you place an order in store, by telephone or via our mobile or electronic ordering system. This information may include, for example, your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, age, menu preferences and previous order information, IP address and credit card details.
- If you are applying for a position with Burger Time 69, we will collect information as outlined in the section below entitled “Employment Applications”.
- If you are applying to become a Burger Time 69 franchisee, we will collect information as outlined in the section below entitled “Franchise Applications”.
In some circumstances, we may collect personal information from third parties such as credit reporting agencies or our marketing agencies. Where we do, we will ensure that we act in accordance with relevant Australian laws.
With the exception of when you apply for a position with Burger Time 69 or to become a franchisee, we will not collect sensitive information about you (such as information about your racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs) unless you have consented to such collection or the collection is required by law.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS STORED
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss or unauthorised access. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Accordingly, although we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online services and you use these services at your own risk.
If a substantial data breach has or may have occurred (for example, your personal information was shared with unauthorised persons) we will notify you as soon as is practicable and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner about that actual or possible breach.
We only keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected or as otherwise required by law. We will take appropriate measures to destroy or permanently de-identity your personal information if we no longer need to retain it. These measures may vary depending on the type of information concerned, the way it was collected and how it was stored.
WHERE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS STORED
Where we store your personal information depends on what interaction you have had with us. However, some areas may include: Databases for processing customer orders, enquiries or feedback; or Email or SMS databases for marketing communications.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE USED
We collect your personal information so that we can use it for our functions and activities and provide products and services to you, which include, among other things:
- Processing meal orders you place with us in store or via our electronic or mobile ordering system, providing you with email or SMS confirmation of your meal orders, providing you with our products and services and processing meal refunds where applicable.
- Administering and responding to your enquiry or feedback about our products and/or services.
- Conducting, and allowing you to participate in, a promotion, competition, promotional activity, survey, market research or customer behavioural activity.
- Promoting and marketing our current and future products and services to you, informing you of upcoming events and special promotions and offers and analysing our products and services so as to improve and develop new products and services.
- Assisting you with remembering and re-ordering from our menu in future.
- Administering and conducting traineeships.
- Facilitating our internal business operations, including fulfilment of any legal and regulatory requirements.
- Improving the operation or navigation of our websites.
- Processing and considering your employment application and conducting reference checks (refer to Employment Application section below).
- Providing information that you request about our franchises and processing and considering your franchise application and conducting record checks (refer to Franchise Application section below).
We may also use your personal information for other purposes not listed above which will be made clear to you at the time we collect your personal information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose personal information we collect from you to our related companies, franchisees, suppliers, consultants, contractors or agents for the purposes set out in the section above entitled “How your personal information will be used” or for other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected.
OPTING IN OR OUT
At the point we collect information from you, you may be asked to “opt in” to consent to us using or disclosing your personal information. You will generally be given the opportunity to “opt out” from receiving communications from us. You may “opt out” from receiving these communications by clicking on an unsubscribe link at the end of an email or by contacting us with this request.
Generally, the type of personal information we collect about applicants is the information included in your application for employment, for example, your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, education details, employment history and other information relating to your work experience.
In considering your application, we may also obtain personal information about you from third parties, for example, from your previous employers or nominated referees. Subject to your consent, we may also collect sensitive information about you such as information about your health (including any disability) or any criminal record you may have.
Generally, the type of information we collect about franchise applicants is the information included on the Burger Time 69 franchise application form and/or the expression of interest form, for example, your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, education details, residency status, employment history, financial capacity and other information relating to your qualifications and experience.
In considering your application, we may also obtain personal information about you from third parties, for example, from your previous employers or nominated referees. Subject to your consent, we may also collect sensitive information about you such as information about any criminal record you may have or your membership of any professional or trade association.
If we engage third party contractors to perform services for us which involves handling personal information, we will take reasonable steps to prevent the contractor from using the personal information except for the purpose for which it was supplied.
We also use your IP address to help diagnose any problems with our server and administer our website. Your IP address is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information about you.
HOW WE MAY CHANGE THIS POLICY